Our clients and their furry companions are always made to feel welcomed and appreciated.
Our love and passion for what we do shines as bright as the smiles that will greet you!
Click here to meet our family!
Fear Free for the Holidays: Stress, Pets and the Season
It's the Holidays; a time when you gather with family and friends to celebrate the season. Do you know who may not be celebrating? Your pet. This can be a particularly stressful time of year for your pets. The house is decorated differently, the furniture may be displaced, strange smells and noises abound and unfamiliar folks may be visiting. It is easy for your pet to become overwhelmed. Signs of stress include; hiding, cowering and barking. Pupils may dilate and ears will be tucked back against the head. Posture may be tense and hunched over. If you see any of these signs; your cat or dog may be stressed, anxious or overstimulated. Give your pet a safe place to relax away from the noise, hustle and bustle. This can be a crate with a cover or a spare room (best for cats). You can also gate off areas so that guests and pets are kept separate. Give your pet something to occupy them such as a scratching post or treat filled toys. You may also want to play peaceful music to drown out the Holiday din. For more tips on providing a Fear Free Holiday, contact us at 440-871-6211. From all of us to all of you, have the happiest and healthiest Holiday Season!
- We have partnered with Vets First Choice to create an online pharmacy for our clients to safely purchase pharmaceuticals and prescription foods. All products are backed 100% by the manufacturer. To learn more, please contact us.
- During the Holiday's we will be collecting "paw print donations". Your donation will be acknowledged and displayed on our "Thanks for Giving" wall. All donations will go to our good Samaritan fund, providing services and medications at NO COST to pets in need.
- The clinic will be closed on Monday, December the 25th and Monday, January the 1st in observance of the holiday's. We wish you joy, peace, health and happiness throughout the Season!
Did you know?
- Holiday decorations; these can be ingested causing intestinal blockage/obstruction and death.
- Foods including; chocolate, alcohol, unbaked dough, raisins, avocado, macadamia nuts, turkey/chicken bones and table scraps. These can cause GI upset, constipation, diarrhea, heart, kidney and liver issues, obstruction or death.
- Plants including; Poinsettia, Mistletoe, Holly, and Amaryllis. These can cause GI upset, liver/kidney damage, acute poisoning and death.